Middle School Tech Cube Assistant
800, Chung Shan N. Rd., Sec. 6, Taipei
To assist classroom teachers with the delivery of instruction and support classroom activities to ensure a well-run and well-managed classroom. To assist teachers and students with the use of the Tech Cube facilities and equipment/tools/machinery and provide administrative aide to support the delivery of STEM classes to ensure programs are well-run and student safety is well-managed in the Tech Cube.
Take responsibility in ensuring a well-run Tech Cube floor by:
• Oversee the repairing, cleaning and general state of all MS Tech Cube machinery (laser cutters, 3D printers, Shop Bot, mounted power tools, hand power tools and hand tools).
• Maintaining and organizing STEAM related supplies inventory.
• Maintaining, organizing, and restoring the MS Tech Cube Floor and liaising with vendors to facilitate equipment maintenance.
• Upholding and modeling all TAS/MS Tech Cube Safety Protocols.
Take responsibility in ensuring a well-run program by:
• Offering in-class support or small group supervision of students engaging in STEAM activities.
• Preparing materials, tools and classrooms for lessons and STEAM related clubs/events.
• Communicating with different departments within TAS as well as local/overseas vendors in order to prepare purchase orders to ensure MS STEAM needs (regular and special purchase) are met in a timely manner.
• Providing administrative support to STEAM Coordinator and Technology Design Coach in preparation of teaching materials, supplies and equipment for classes, clubs and other STEAM related events.
• Managing department petty cash.
• College graduate (in education, technical or design fields preferred)
• Experience with children in an educational or service setting, particularly art, design and other 3D creative fields preferred; at least two years’ work experience in a bilingual and or international environment is preferred
• Proficient in oral and written Mandarin. Excellent oral and written English
• Strong Maker skills- ability to thoughtfully use the tools within the Tech Cube
• Strong computer skills including using Microsoft Office, Power School, Cayin programs, Google Apps, Photoshop, Illustrator, 3D printer and CAD software, and the capability to learn specialized software/applications as required
• Knowledge of basic level science, technology, programming, engineering, construction and design concepts
• Desire to work as part of a team
• Ability to work independently, anticipate challenges, make sound judgements, ask questions and respond appropriately
• Communication skills; strong interpersonal and organizational skills with attention to details; prioritization of tasks
• Accounting concept
• Adaptable to change and variety of tasks
• Energy level and fitness for moving and lifting materials
salary_ per discussion
1. Labor Insurance
3. Group Insurance
4. Leave Entitlements
Please email an English cover letter and resume as a Word or PDF attachment with subject line ＂CV-MSTCA-LAST NAME, First name＂ to Anne Tsao at firstname.lastname@example.org. Application through other means will not be accepted. Due to large volume of applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted.