Upper School Dance/Drama Office Assistant (Part-Time)
Tentative Working Hours: 10AM to 2PM (final schedule will be determined by the supervisor)
800, Chung Shan N. Rd. Sec 6, Taipei, Taiwan
The primary role of the Upper School Dance/Drama office assistant is to oversee the day to day operations that facilitate the use of the office and the three theatrical venues to allow the faculty the time needed to focus on instruction and student learning.
- Works closely with the Upper School dance and drama teachers to turn in routine Requests for Payment, purchase orders, and other office paperwork related to productions.
- Works closely with technician theater staff to schedule gate passes for vendors and deliveries, especially for set installations and removals.
- Works closely to help make sure that all constituents (LS, MS, US, parents and other stakeholders) understand how to successful plan events in the three theater venues – Small Theater, Black Box Theater, and Auditorium
- Works dedicated office hours to provide support to the dance, drama, and technical theater faculty & updates the performing arts website links as needed to actively reflect within the agreed timeline
- Collaborates with the Theater Office and Video production team to plan and setup IT/AV system for school events as needed (ie class meetings when all three venues may be in use simultaneously). Utilizes judgment to ensure that school wide events utilizing performance venues resources are successful.
- Collaborates with performing arts faculty to assist with the editing, mixing, recording of audio, music and other sound effect tasks for school events in the theatrical venues and in the recording studio.
- Demonstrates initiative to accomplish daily tasks and responsibilities. Asks clarifying questions as needed to support the work of the performing arts department.
Tentative Working Hours: 10AM to 2PM
10 month staff position per school year
- College degree required, experience in theater and media-related equipment and systems preferred
- 1 years of full-time work experience in the relevant areas (live performing production/staging/lighting preferred)
- Native Mandarin & Intermediate English skills
- Analytical thinking with ability to make sound judgment independently
- Knowledge of sound recording equipment, digital sound board and software and excellent aural skills
- Knowledge of the signal flow of the sound systems
- Holding accountability for people and assignments within the given job parameter
- Effective planning, organizational, problem-solving and time-management skills
- Ability to prioritize work when dealing with unexpected and ad hoc multiple demands
- Self-directed with ability to work independently
- Is willing to work as a dynamic member of the Performing Arts Team
- Demonstrate flexibility, willingness to learn, and a record of achievement
- Strong customer service orientation
- Flexibility on working hours that will meet school operational requirements
Monthly salary ranging from NT$17,783 to NT$22,220 per month for 4 hours work every school day
Interested parties should submit an English cover letter and resume as Word attachment with subject line ＂CV-SY1920USDDA-LAST NAME, First Name＂ to Anne Tsao (email@example.com) at Human Resources. Application through other means will not be accepted. Due to large volume of applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted.